Hazare arrest: Ramdev seeks President’s intervention
According to sources, Ramdev will meet President Patil on Wednesday afternoon.
Ramdev also proposes to visit Tihar Jail to meet Anna Hazare.
The yoga guru, who was evicted from the Ramlila Grounds on a similar fast against corruption and black money, pitched his weight behind Anna’s fight on Wednesday.
Hazare and key aide Arvind Kejriwal spent Tuesday night in the conference room of the Director General (Prisons) of Tihar Jail and reportedly slept barely for four hours.
He continues to be on a fast inside the prison premises after turning the down the release order sent by the government.
The 74-year old social activist was picked up at 7.30 am from Mayur Vihar in East Delhi after he refused to be persuaded by the Delhi Police not to undertake the fast since it would be in violation of prohibitory orders.
Hazare and his aides including Arvind Kejriwal, were first taken to the Delhi Police Officer’s Mess in North Delhi and were shifted to another after Hazare’s supporters gathered in a large numbers at the Civil Lines areas.
The decision to remand him came after Hazare refused to sign a personal bond undertaking that he will not defy the prohibitory orders and hold protests.
- Anna in jail, govt desperate to spring him (kurseonginfo.wordpress.com)
- Anna Hazare arrested, taken to unknown location (kurseonginfo.wordpress.com)
- Just in – Anna Hazare Detained Ahead of Fast (kurseonginfo.wordpress.com)
- Anna Hazare’s message to the nation (kurseonginfo.wordpress.com)
- Kiran Bedi, Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal and other activists detained before fast (panasianbiz.com)
- Indian Activist Refuses to Leave Jail (online.wsj.com)